NIS America has just announced that the video game, Psycho Pass: Mandatory Happiness, will be released on September 13 in North America and September 16 for Europe. The video game will be releasing on the following ports: Playstation 4, Playstation Vita, and PC. 2 editions will be featured: standard and limited. The limited edition will feature an artbook, three pencil cases, a soundtrack CD, microfiber cloth, and a collectible box.
Despite all the hype that it’s getting, not much is known about the game itself. But here’s what we do know.
- The game was released in Japan in 2015 for the Xbox One
- The games features new characters and a story that was supervised by series creator, Gen Urobuchi
- The story takes place within the first six episodes of season 1
- The gameplay will follow a visual novel style
- The Xbox One version interfaced with Kinect and Smartglass in order to interact with the Sybil System and emulate real-time actions with the in-game tablets/communicators.
It’s not likely that the PS4/Vita/PC port will have the same features as the Xbox One version, but 5pb did announce that the Xbox One version will be released in Hong Kong with English subtitles. If you want a more in-depth experience of the Psycho-Pass world that may be your best bet on getting it.